Andes Mint Muddy Buddies!
November 18, 2019
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) – room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Mint flavored M&M’s (dark green, light green and white)
- Hershey Andes Mint bars (broken into smaller pieces)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rice Chex cereal and set aside.
- In a medium-sized microwave bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and stir or mix with hands to coat evenly.
- Transfer the cereal into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- Pour the powdered sugar into the bag and seal. Gently shake until all of the pieces are coated.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Carefully, pour out the cereal onto the baking sheet and spread out to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture to a serving bowl.
- Add mint flavored M&M’s and Andes Mint pieces.