Insects usually go into our households seeking for shelter or searching for food or water. However, infestation with toxic chemicals is not the most effective way to get rid of insects from your home.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to show you how to prepare a simple home-made concoction, which will help you to keep insects at bay.
Natural concoction recipe
– What you will need:
• Cotton balls or paper towels
• A cup of sugar
• 3 tablespoons of boric acid
• 3 cups of warm water
• A container
– Here is how to prepare it:
• Mix the sugar and boric acid. Then, add warm water. Mix the solution until the powder is dissolved completely.
• In order to prevent lump formation, stir the solution.
• Soak a cotton ball in the solution and place it in the container.
• Place the container in an area infested with insects.
• The sugar will attract ants to the boric acid, whereas the boric acid will destroy them. The strong smell of this solution will reduce the number of insects in your home.
Additional tips to prevent insects in your home
• Always store food in sealed containers
• Clean dishes and do not leave food leftovers
• Sweep and vacuum on a regular basis
• Talcum powder will help you to prevent invasion of insects
• Seal off cracks and entrances with caulk
• Wipe down areas where you notice insects
• Keep surfaces in your home clean
• Remove ant trails
• Spray an ant barrier around your home